VergeSense (YC S17) is building easy-to-deploy advanced occupancy sensors that help real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer that can jump and start being productive quickly. You would play a key role in helping to develop our user-facing analytics portal, deployment & commissioning tools, data-management tools, monitoring systems, and APIs. In addition, you will be a key team member to our new Minneapolis office located in the beautiful Capella Tower right downtown.
We like to move & iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. You can expect to commit and ship code in your first week. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity - from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to a sustainable working culture built for the long-haul.
Note: No Visa Sponsorship
Our current stack uses React.js, Ruby on Rails, Heroku, a variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies (AWS IoT, Redshift, DynamoDB), Periscope for data-science, and Tensorflow for machine-learning.
- 0-4 years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of CS/CE fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- Experience working with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL) and data infrastructure
- Understanding of REST API design and implementation
- Feel comfortable working anywhere in the software stack: frontend, server-side, database, and infrastructure
- Excited at the thought of working in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience with machine-learning using Tensorflow or similar
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience building applications using React.js
- Have an eye for design and a love of building beautiful user interfaces
- A high-impact role at a startup in it's earliest stages
- Competitive compensation and equity
- 100% medical / dental / vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Employee wellness program
- Transportation reimbursements
- Reimbursements for continuous learning course (Coursera, etc.)